I feel like I have been neglecting my blogging but I think it is excusable at the moment. It has been one of those months where bad things seem to be happening all around me but there is only so much I can do to help.
This last month I found out that my little sister will be having her third brain surgery to operate on a slow growing tumor. Only this time when they operate she has two boys (ages four and four months) waiting for her to come home.
I also found out that my aunt who lives here in Boise has will be fighting her second round of cancer while she has three young kids.
I have another friend that has been in an out of the hospital for months because she has lupus and is pregnant. She also has four little kids that have been taken care of by family and members of our church.
Two other friends are having pregnancy problems. One with labor problems like myself and another who has cancer while she is pregnant.
Finally, Paxton's grandpa is slowly losing a fight to a brain tumor and won't be around much longer.
With all of this, I haven't been in my usual upbeat mood. I am helping where I can but it is easy to get a little overwhelmed just by sadness for people that I love that are hurting so much.
However, I know that despite the trials of life there are things to celebrate.
I hope no one faults me for being glad that despite everything, my kids are healthy and happy. And I am glad to have a turn helping other people rather than receiving help.
My brother and his wife just had a beautiful baby boy. Welcome to the family Kyler.
It is spring and is warm enough to ride my motorcycle.
I get to plant flower this weekend (anyone who has seen my backyard knows I love flower gardening.)
And we finally found our other turtle (Tu-tuga) that escaped from the sand box about a month ago. (Yes, it was me that had the brilliant idea to let the turtles have a play date in the sand box.) I think poor Tu-tuga was hibernating when Bryce found her.

2 comments:
I am sorry Jaymie...Seems like when it rains, it pours. They will be in our prayers.
YEAH for flowers. I love to plant crazy amount of flowers to!
~Nikki
introspection is good ~ so is riding bikes!...unca dale
Post a Comment