It is fun to get to meet some of the other teachers. They are usually a pretty goofy bunch but you won't find a sweeter, kind-hearted bunch of guys anywhere. In fact it is kind of weird hanging out with them because they never say anything bad about anyone. For example, this last trip we got hopelessly lost in a very scary, ghetto neighborhood in Pheonix. While I was rechecking that my door was locked, my window rolled up and not making eye contact with anyone on the road. The other teachers were saying, "Look how cool these little tiny houses are. I bet the missionaries have a great time out here. I bet these guys are all awesome soccer players..." It kind of weirded me out at first, being round such positive people, but it is something I know I could do a little better at.
All in all, the trip was great. I am very blessed to get to do this.
Me and the other teachers

Goofing off during a break

Some of my one of my classes

2 comments:
How awsome that you get to speak at EFY!! I wish that I could get to hear you speak!!!
WHO ARE YOU!?! Seriously!? How on earth did you get involved in doing that? I'm actually leaving tomorrow to be an EFY counselor again. But this time I'm headed to the homeland (Kansas City) and will be with the Missouri session. How funny we're the same age and you're teaching and I'm still playing like a 20 yr old. (Actually the tried to force me into retirement this year because of my age, but I fought back!)...ssshhh don't tell anyone :) Maybe you can help me do the grown up thing and be a teacher since I can't seem to rid myself of the EFY bug!
Post a Comment