Friday, December 4, 2009

Help from Michael

So, we were having a problem with Shaylee being a bit of a hypochondriac. It started out with a bad flu and somehow turned into an stomach ulcer. After about two months on antacids I had a feeling that she was freaking herself out and making her stomach hurt and that she was using the antacids as a "crutch." So, to figure it out if I was right, I gave her allergy medicine instead of Zantac for a week and she didn't seem to be any worse. However, when I told her she needed to stop taking the Zantac she freaked out. So, I had an idea. I told her that she couldn't keep taking medicine every day if she didn't need it. I told her that bad things happen to people who take too much medicine and I had an example to show her. I pulled up two pictures of Michael Jackson, one at age 17 and one current one and told her that is what happened to people who took too much medicine. I haven't had a problem with her since.

5 comments:

Annie said...

Hilarious! Life lessons by Michael Jackson. Your are awesome!!

Joleen said...

Love it!!
We had an issue with Karina wanting Melatonin every night to get to sleep. we would crush it and put it on water for her, so one night I just gave her the water. It worked. So we let her go on with the placebo affect for a while. It took some convincing, but finally she was able to go to sleep without even that.

Ware Family said...

This is hilarious. Creative parenting at its finest, I'd say! Way to go Jaymie. I'm going to have to remember this one in case I need to use it one day.
Thanks Michael!

Carlie said...

You crack me up! Who knew Michael Jackson could be useful after all?!
Let's hook up soon!

Kira: said...

That's briliant!