Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Night over Boise

It is Paxton's birthday tomorrow on Christmas Eve. When people hear that they usually feel sorry for him. But I beg to differ. He never has to work on his birthday, or go to meetings. He always has lots of food and family around. I think he has a pretty good deal! This year his parents bought him a suprise helicopter ride over Boise. It was really cool. I am used to flying but it is really strange to feel a sidways movement instead of just forward. It was cool to get to hang out just above the city and see all the Christmas lights. It was even cooler that the pilot was Paxton's cousin Bryant. The only part that made me nervous was when we made a sharp bank and my body was literally perpendicular to the ground. It is unerving at 3,000 feet. We finished up the evening by going out to dinner. It was an awesome night and Paxton was a very happy boy!








I couldn't figure out the right setting on my camera so I got some pretty strange pictures over the city. In these ones you can pick out the capital building and the Christmas tree on top of the US Bank building. (If they don't make you airsick.)

5 comments:

Joleen said...

Looks like a lot of fun!!!
My brother-in-law's b-day was yesterday. Every year we go to Texas Roadhouse on Dec. 23rd (All 25 of us) it is crazy busy, but a super fun tradition! He loves Christmas and doesn't mind at all having his b-day so close.

Tiffany said...

Very Cool :) (This is steve)

Carlie said...

That is AWESOME!!! How fun for you two! Tell Paxton a big Happy Birthday from us!

(me)linda said...

Greg and I get to go up with Bry and Jen next week! I'm pumped!!! Score that they had us for Christmas this year. :) I'm curious to see how my pictures turn out. I'm hoping we can get some good ones.

Greg works on Tuesday evening. Wanna get together Monday? ...or Tuesday since the kids and I will likely be bored? :)

Bunnell's said...

Fun!!! Did you get air sick? I would love to see the city lights in the air!!!