For some reason my kids think our Christmas tree is party of their play zone. I know some people have pretty Christmas tree's that look perfect. I actually tried that this year. I have color coordinated (non-breakable) balls, gold icicles, pretty bows and ribbon that runs all through the tree. But for some reason my kids didn't think it was festive enough that way and keep contributing their own decorations. As I write this I can see a pink Tinkerbell slipper tucked carefully in the lower branches. Other items of interest I have found in our tree are: a shark, a pink clothes hanger, a tiger, our dog Harley (thank you Shaylee), dirty socks (I think that was an effort not to put them away upstairs) and a live turtle under the tree skirt.
PS I will also confess... I was feeling rebellious and set up my Christmas tree a week early. When feeling very rebellious I drink Dr. Pepper, throw my clothes on the floor and don't brush my teeth before I go to bed. Luckily that doesn't happen too often...

2 comments:
You rebel, you!
Jaymie- you should totally re-write the 12 days of Christmas song with something about the items that have ended up in your tree- the part with "a live turtle under the tree" would be perfect- not to mention HILARIOUS!!!
Post a Comment