Sunday, December 13, 2009

Quote of the week

It cracks me up when kids try to use big words. They either get them wrong or use them completely out of context but either way it is always a laugh.

Avery(while noticing we were out of Purell): Mom, I need some more hanitizer
Jacob: You mean sanditizer
Avery (waving her hands): No, hanitizer. Like for your HANDS.
Jacob (very seriously): No Avery. It is sanditizer because it is made from sand.

Me: Bryce, it is past your bed time. Why are you still awake?
Bryce: Because me and Jacob were disgusting something really egg-mazing.
Me: What were you discussing?
Bryce: Spiders
Me: That is disgusting.

At thanksgiving when all the family was saying what they were thankful for:
Me: Forever Families
Shaylee: Animals
Avery: Jacob
Jacob: this new family
Bryce: I'm thankful for meat-eaters because the meat-eaters eat the plant-eaters. If they didn't then there would get to be too many plant-eaters and they would eat all our food so there wouldn't be any left for us. So it is a good thing we have meat-eaters.

While I was at Bryce's class helping out a fireman came and did a demonstration for their class. At the end he asked for questions and Bryce raised his had. I really hoped he wouldn't say something about how I started an oil fire on our stove and set off all the smoke alarms the week before.

Fireman: Did you have a question little guy?
Bryce: Sort of. I just wanted to say that if there was a fire at my house and I couldn't get out my room then I would just get an axe and I would chop open my window and chop up anything that was in the way. Then I would jump out the window like Superman like this (insert Superman arm actions and sound effects).
Fireman: Uhh....
Me (raising my hand from the back of the class): By the way, he really doesn't have an axe in his room.

5 comments:

Reese said...

hilarious!

Joleen said...

Love it!
And my kids call it hanitizer too!!

Brookie said...

hahaha!! that is funny:)

Carlie said...

Classic! I can just see you saying that!
p.s. I posted on your painting...

Jason and Lorisa Hirschi said...

I wish I would have been there at Thanksgiving to hear what Bryce is thankful for....so funny!