Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Perspective
There isn't anything to make you more grateful for your health than not being healthy for a bit. Last week I went into the doctor after being pretty sure that I had some kind of infection. While being checked out and told it looked like I had a kidney infection I had the doctor check out some unusual lumps I had been keeping my eye on for a few months. I was told that I needed to get in for an ultra sound as soon as possible to have them checked out. Of course this has to happen towards the end of week so the soonest I can get in for the ultra sound is four days and in the mean time, my whole body is aching, nauseous and feeling generally horrid. There isn't anything to perk up a weekend like the possibility of having a life threatening illness. My angel sister has been battling a brain tumor for sometime and was really humbled as I got just a little tiny taste of what she has to go through every day. It was truly horrible. Yesterday I finally got in for my appointment and after only 15 min was told that everything was OK. The doctor told us that we did the right thing coming in as there was another girl my age that he saw last week who came in with the same symptoms who wasn't as lucky as us. Today, I feel wonderful and I am so appreciating my imperfect body and all it lends to my happiness. In fact, I am appreciating it so much I have taken a hiatus from housework and am just loving and playing with my kids!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Yikes Jaymie! Glad everything is OK.
Love ya, Tab
love ya jaymie:) i am so happy everything is ok too! xoxo
I hear ya there! In this last year, I've also had the lump scare, a bout with minor cancer, a broken foot, a hormone imbalance, and eye problems. Nothing big or life changing, but it sure makes me appreciate my body (imperfections and all), and my health! I find myself relishing the ability to cook, clean, and do laundry, as well as just saying to myself "forget it" and going off to play with my kids a lot more than I did before. It's certainly helped me to remember that our days (at least our healthy ones) are numbered, and while you can't entirely forget your daily duties, you can put them on hold sometimes!
I'm glad everything turned out ok for you. Sometimes I wonder who the prankster is out there that likes to give me scares every once in a while. :)
So glad everything was o.k.
Glad to here you are OK!!!
Jaymie, so glad to know that all is ok! Hopefully life will calm down for a little bit and let you relax for 2 seconds! Love ya, kiddo!!
Post a Comment