Monday, March 22, 2010

Too Much of a Good Thing

So, I'm guilty again. I guess I have a tendancy to over do things a bit. I love photography but I've over worked myself this last week. I don't know why but taking pictures physically wears me out. Maybe it is because I guess so intense about it. I don't know... Anyway, I got to do my first engagement and bridal pictures this last week. It was a blast. Note to self: Bridal pics are hard on a very windy cold day. My poor bride had chattering teeth and her dress was out of control unless she was sitting on it. Then my sweet little 8 yr old helper kept kicking up grass that immdiately flew up and stuck all over the dress. I guess this is the kind of behind-the-scene stuff you never think of when you look at a bridal picture.

I LOVED doing the engagement pictures. I think they are my new favorite. It is so fun to hang out with a couple that are so absolutely in love! Their giddiness is contagious. It makes me think of how happy I was when I was getting married and how much more of I love Paxton now. (We are coming up on ten years at the end of the summer!!! Woo Hoo for us!)

Anyway, after I was all happily burned out from pictures and making an engagement announcement I was going to meet Paxton on Friday night and someone rear-ended me when I stopped at a rail road crossing. I think all the shaking I did in the next two hours finished me off. The kids and I were all OK but it shook me up pretty good. So, instead of a night I the town I came home and slept for ten hours straight.
We'll hope for better luck this week.

2 comments:

Alyssa Quigley said...

Jaymie, Sorry you got rear-ended! Thats no fun. Glad you and the kids are all ok. Alyssa and I enjoy keeping up on your family with your blog. Hope all is well!
Love, Nate

Erin Mason said...

I'm glad you're alright - sounds like you could use a long bubble bath and a good book :)