Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Red-Neck

Growing up in Egypt and Washington DC you would think I have grown up with a respect for firearms, I have never had one in my home until I moved to the rough and tough town of Kuna, Idaho. Go figure. I don't love guns but my policy is that if there are going to be guns in my house, I would be stupid not to know how to use them. So, a few times a year I go shooting with Paxton. He welded up these targets himself and is very proud of them. I don't understand the desire to shoot up something you have worked so hard on but whatever makes my guy happy works for me! We took the kids, who have been taught basic gun safety, but they are confined to the back of the truck. I have found I am pretty good with a 22 and respectable with a shot gun but I am pretty much useless with a hand gun. Paxton however is a wicked shot. That's my Idaho boy! Looks the kids are going to take after their daddy!









2 comments:

Ryan Rollins said...

When you take off your shirt to work on your car and so does your husband. . . you know you're a redneck.

Love you sisterface

Jenni Rollins said...

Three comments - 1) I totally thought those were carrots in Bryce's ears and wanted to know what the story was...until I wised up. 2) I still say Avery is looking so much older! And 3) I would LOVE to have a camera that takes pictures as well as yours, Jaymie!