Thursday, March 10, 2011

loves

Last night I was looking through some boxes for something for Paxton (he can't fit back in our Harry Potter closet with his crutches). Without meaning to, I found the little box with a blue and yellow teddy bear on the front of it. I love and dread that box. It's the box the hospital gave us that had the few blankets and hats that my tiny baby wore in the few hours he was alive. I have only looked at it twice since I got it. When I miss him I have a beautiful book that some friends made me with his pictures and foot prints that I look through. It is my most treasured possession. You know the kind of thing that when you think of what you would grab out of your house if it caught on fire. I could let all my other possessions go but that. Anyway, as I was sitting on the floor crying my eyes out Paxton found me. He put down his crutches and crawled to the back of the closet to come and hold me. It is little things like that that he does all the time for me that make me love him all the more.

6 comments:

Brookie said...

He is a good husband, Jaymie. I am happy you have each other. That is what life is all about. I love you.
xoxo

Carlie said...

I would grab Mia's book first too if there was a fire! And Mitch has found me many times, just holding her little hand mold and crying... what would we do without our great guys?!
p.s. I'm still pulling for our babies up in heaven to marry in the next life! :0) Its a pleasant thought!

The Watson Gang said...

I agree with Brookie! He is an amazing man, and Jam you are an amazing woman! I have had several friends, and I mean several that have delivered at 24-26 weeks, some have made it and some have not, and some are still awaiting heaven or earth! My best friend from high school just gave birth to a baby boy at 24 weeks 1 lb. 5 oz. I have to admit, when I was living in Idaho, and you were going through your journey.. I had no idea what to do but bring you food, listen, watch your other children an pray! I was very uncomfortable because I had never known anyone who I consider a really good friend go through anything as such you did! I was also very uncomfortable because what I wanted to do so much more then anything was save your precious baby, and take your hurt and pain away. Jam I will never know what you and Paxton went through, you have skimmed the surface, and expressed your feelings to me in person, through your blog, and art work. But I do know through your stories how to help others, and be there and be comfortable with them in a horrific situation! I feel sympathy for you and your situation, and at the same time feel very blessed to have been there for you in ways that I do not know!(well I hope) You sharing your journey has helped me cope and be there for others (who are going through what you went through) in ways that I do not know as well. But what I do know is how I can help and serve! So thank you for continuing to share your journey with us, and I will continue to keep you and your family in my prayers! You are a strong, and beautiful woman inside and out, and I personally appreciate you sharing your trials with us! I love you Wiggly Quigleys!
p.s. I hope this does not offend you in any way. My intention is not to make it about me or my feelings. I am truly so very sorry that you had to experience any of this at all! I do love you and your family, and felt the nee to express this to you, and who ever else reads this! To anyone else who reads this, if it offends you I am sorry as well, my intention to express is out of nothing but love.

Jenni Rollins said...

I love you Jaymie. You're in my prayers, and you are such an example to me. Loves to you, Paxton, and your wonderful kiddies.

Jaymie Quigley said...

Awe Linds, that was so sweet. I really really appriciate hearing that. I couldn't have done it without awesome friends that's for sure. We love you guys back. All the way from Idaho!!!

Kira: said...

How sweet. I think of you and your sweet family often.