Dear Body,
We have been through so much together in the last 31 years. I'm afraid I haven't always treated you like I should, but you have always been there for me. Even in the last few years you have helped me learn to ride a motorcycle, coach my kids soccer teams, and chase my little dog down the street. In the last few months I have even started running races and am learning archery!
I'm feeling a little guilty though. Often I do things for me more than for you. I eat things I know I shouldn't, I stay up too late, and I play too hard and hurt you. Now that I'm realizing that we still have at least 50 more years together I need to be nicer to you. So, I'm revamping my diet and exercise even though I don't really want to. Goodbye high fructose corn syrup, goodbye hydrogenated oil, goodbye massive hunks of steak (sniff, I really, really like meat!).
I am sacrificing so much for you, I only ask that you return the favor and behave nicely. Till death do us part!
Love,
Jaymie

1 comment:
How about just having lean steak occasionally? Protein is good for you and helps fight the sugars in carbs that can lead to diabetes (I only know this because I had gestational diabetes- I am definitely not a nutritionist!). Maybe I'm just rationalizing, because I really like steak... but I'm totally with you on reducing the hfc syrup and h oils. Good luck! :-)
Post a Comment