Idaho Thankgiving: more family than will fit in a house, a turkey that chases the kids before it is cooked, more food than can be humanly consumed, clay pigeon shoot out (I got 1 out of 4!), spent Black Friday at the Twin Falls temple and then shopping for camo and guns (only time of year my husband shops more than I do but I did), family movie night, laughing till you bust a gut and crooked pictures of Rishelle. Heck Yeah!
Paxton and I did start what I think will become a tradition for us. I have shopped Black Friday before but in my old 30+ age, I don't love the crowds. I do love to shop though so with a little planning I was able to do my BF bargain shopping online and still get the same killer deals. I just didn't have to get up at 3 in the morning and then wait hoping I would get one of the 10 per store.
I was actually pretty ticked that shopping has spilled in over to Thankgiving Day. We are all supposed to be thinking of what we are grateful for and all anyone is talking about is where they were going to go buy more stuff at some un-human hour of the morning.
So, I boycotted this year and we went to the Twin Falls temple instead of hitting the stores. I really appriciated the feelings of gratitude there in that sheltered, peaceful, beautiful place. I want to do that every year we can from now on. Now if I can just keep that feeling through the holidays and not let stress and business crowd out my favorite part of the season... we'll see how that goes :)

No comments:
Post a Comment