Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Selective hearing

Last night we were all sitting down for family dinner (rare with a husband who works as late as Paxton) but I was having a hard time getting the kids to eat. The conversation went as follows.

Me: Shaylee, keep eating.
Me: Bryce, your fork is to eat with. It is not a catapult.
Me: Both of you stop playing with your food and eat please.
Me: Shaylee stop playing with your brother's food.
Me: Am I invisible or are our kids deaf?
Paxton: Bryce, did you hear what your mom said?
Bryce: Yeah...That she is invisible.

It is so strange how kids never listen until you say something you shouldn't have.

4 comments:

Ware Family said...

I'm sorry for your troubles, but glad I'm not the only one with deaf kids!
Drives me nutty.

Tiffany said...

Your kids crack me up. Selective hearing in children is truly amazing.

Bunnell's said...

Jaymie...Yay I found your blog!!! okay that was soooo funny!!! I have the same problem at bedtime....

Nikki

Brookie said...

hahaha!!! that is funny jaymie. i am happy i found your blog. the way you tell stories about your family always make me laugh:) we need to get together, i feel like i haven't seen you in forever and i miss you:)