Monday, August 11, 2008

Where did the summer go?


I just got back from an awesome trip to Fresno, CA for EFY. It was a blast and the kids were wonderful. But now I find myself wondering about all the grand plans I had for the summer and how I managed to get so little done.

For those of you who don't have kids in school yet I have a word of advice. Once you have to work around school schedules it seems like a wonderful deadline free summer will leave voids of time to get things done. So not true. I guess I have gotten used to only having all three kids some of the time and when that shifts into all of the time the messes and house work seem to expand exponentially. Add to that all the things that seem so fun that I have to cram our weeks full and say things like, "I paid for this pass and you are going to have fun whether you like it or not!" and all the jobs I had planned for the summer are still on my To Do list. Go figure...

1 comment:

JoJo said...

But with a face like that...summer couldn't have been that bad!