Thursday, June 11, 2009

Silver City

Memorial weekend we drove up to Silver City, an old mining ghost town. It was a GORGEOUS drive. I have somewhat attached to Idaho's farmland. It has it's own kind of beauty but I had no idea that if I just drove the opposite way that I usually do there are hills and mountains. Especially this time if year (one of two months when Idaho isn't brown) it was spectacular. It took about a hour to get to the mountains and another hour to get back into them. Paxton's family met us there. It made a great day trip.




3 comments:

(me)linda said...

That's such a good picture of Randy and Pak.

I love farmland. Of course I grew up here, but I don't think everyone who did appreciates it. Greg and I were just talking about this. I love the tilled earth, the rows of plants, and even the pivot tracks. He thinks I'm weird.

Anne said...

I've been wanting to take a trip to Silver City. Did the kids have fun there?

Pops said...

Fantastic pic of Broski and Paky! Sounded like a fun time...unca dale