Thursday, July 9, 2009

Caught red handed

Today I went and got finger printed for our adoption back-ground check. The ink was red for some reason so I have walked around today with especially pink palms. Paxton had a point when he said it seemed unfair that any idiot could go and get pregnant but to adopt a baby you have to jump through a million hoops. I'm feeling good about things this week. I got all our referral letters in, our background checks are in processes, we have a meeting with LDS social services tonight and will be able to set up our interviews with them, we have appointments for physicals (also necessary) next week, then we can get set up for a homestudy. That is where a social worker comes to your home and makes sure that it is a good environment for a child. That is the biggest hump to get over that. After that we hurry and wait. Today I also found out that we can have our profile placed with the state for children coming out of foster care and are up for adoption. If we do that we would have to make sure that the kids are very young but the gal was telling me that there is a shortage of people that are willing to take African American little boys. I would LOVE that! It would be so cool to have a little dark eyed, dark skinned beautiful little boy. In my dreams I would be able to find a set of brothers that are about 2 and a baby. Honestly, I think I would be thrilled to death to get whatever we get but it is fun to think about. Somewhere out there is a little boy (or two) that is meant to be part of our family and I can't wait until we find him!

3 comments:

Joleen said...

Hooray for one more hoop jumped through!!!! :D

noelle said...

oh jaymie! good luck! you guys are awesome, awesome. any child would be soooo lucky to have you two for parents.

Pops said...

hope it all works for you two!...unca dale