Today while I was standing in the check out line I began wondering when I went from:
"Stay in the shopping cart" and "Use your words" and "Tell me what you want" to
"Stop climbing in the cart," "Please stop talking," and "The next person that tells me they want something will not get a treat."
I have also had time to ponder:
What do you do when you are using the bathroom and one of your kids opens the stall and runs away (this really happened)?
How can I possibly pick the slowest line when my kids all have to go to the bathroom?
Is it coincidence that one child will tell me they need to go two minutes after we pass a bathroom?
Whose bright idea was it to put permanent markers next to the checkout candy? (Avery ended up with baby tattoos on her arms before I noticed)
and when did my three yr old figure out that if you unwrap it, mom has to buy it?
I just got home from Wal-Mart and shopping it three kids. Need I say more...

5 comments:
I'm so sorry. BUT, I was laughing so hard. Only b/c I've been there and when you look back and try to see yourself when it's happening, it's really funny. Also, that's why I've decided that now I go grocery shopping alone:)
hahaha...love it and have totally been there:) love ya jaymie, you are such a good little mommy:)
Ohhhhhhh, I feel your pain! You are a brave woman! Only the strong can grocery shop with three kids....at least that's what I tell myself.
Is it just me or does it suck the will to put the groceries away right out of you? Lately I've had nonperishables on my counter for a day or two after I take the kids shopping with me--maybe I should get some of those 4 hour power shots just to get groceries! :)
Ah yes, so familiar.
You're awesome Jaymie! I miss you!
Post a Comment