Thursday, August 6, 2009

EFY-BYU!

I got to speak at my first EFY at BYU this week. It was great. Paxton came with me and was awesome moral support. I also got to have family from both sides sit in on some of the classes. The kids were great. I got to teach four lessons each two times for a total of eight lessons. I had a smaller room that fit about 120 kids each lesson. My lessons I taught were Anger vs. Agency, Born of Goodly Parents, Special Witnesses of Christ, and Youth of a Noble Birthright. I think the class that the kids liked the best was the one on parents. It was great to hear that some of the kids left class and immediately texted their parents and told them thank you for bringing them to EFY and that they appreciated them. It is good to hear that I wasn't wasting my breath.

This was the first time I got to each with another girl and more than one, I got to teach with TWO! (The seminary teachers had a training this week so I get to meet some of the less traditional teachers.) The other teacher with us was Brad Wilcox (talk about intimidating) but he was very personable and humble. It was a great experience to work with him.




4 comments:

TPlayer said...

Darn! you missed my niece at the BYU session by a week! Brad Wilcox was our session director in nauvoo last week. I love him so much! Speaking of Nauvoo-EFY, I'm heading out tomorrow for it! Woohoo!

TPlayer said...

I meant session director last YEAR..not last week. oops

(me)linda said...

Lucky kids. You'd be such a fun teacher.

Jason and Lorisa Hirschi said...

I am so glad I got to hear you speak! You're awesome! It was fun to see you guys!