Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Forever Families

Friends & Family -

Jaymie and I are so excited to tell you about our news! We had a new little boy, Jacob Tyler, join our family today. Jaymie said this was the easiest delivery she has ever had, despite Jacob weighing in at about 45 pounds and measuring about 40 inches long. Both Mom and Jacob are doing very well, recovering from all the excitement of the day. Jacob has blue eyes, a full head of brown hair and is a very sweet little boy. His development is amazing; on the first day we brough him home, he walked all by himself; jumped on the trampoline; slid down the slide and is speaking in full sentences. This "pregnancy" was only about 4 months, but he came to us being five years old. We've adopted!

In all seriousness, we received a call from the Idaho Health & Welfare department today saying that we had been chosen as the family for Jacob. We are elated. We had been in contact with the social workers there for several weeks and knew this was coming, but it is wonderful to finally have it "official". Jacob has been in foster care with a wonder family for about a year. He and his family came over today and we got to meet him. He is very, very sweet and I think he will fit right into our family. Mom (Rollins) said it best "He's like a little puzzle piece that will just fit right in" and so he is. He's a year and a day younger than Bryce (6) and about a year and a half older than Avery (4). The first few years of his life were pretty rough, but he has a very sweet disposition and seems to be perfect for our family, and we seem to be perfect for him.

We had a few preasents to give him, and he just glowed while he was opening them....but who doesn't like transformers, fighter jets, tonka trucks, snuggly stuffed puppies and a blanket (camo of course). He played so well with Shaylee, Bryce and Avery (and they played so well with him, thank goodness). I heard him say "Bryce, I really like you." As the evening went on, the kids disappeared and we were able to spend quite a while talking with is foster parents. They have done so much to help him in the past year. He seems to have caught up to where he should be for his age. His foster parents are wonderful Christian people who know that Jacob is supposed to be in our family and are very supportive of this transition. During our talk with his foster parents, the kids (ours and theirs) were upstairs watching a movie (Cars, Jacob's favorite) and Jacob came down and timidly walked up to Jaymie and said "I love you so much." That was the sweetest thing I have heard. His foster parents said that they had never heard him say that before, ever.

It was hard to let him go back home with his foster family, but since he's older, we needed to have a short transition. We'll see him daily for the next week at aclimitize, and then he'll be in our home perminently. When he was packing up his new toys and saying good by, Shaylee said "I'm gald that you are my new brother."; Bryce said "I can't wait until you can be my little brother."; and Avery said "Thank you for coming to our family."

We are definitely blessed to have him come to our home. It'll take maybe 6 - 9 months before the adoption is finalized, but we'll be his foster parents until we are able to finalize the process and have him sealed to us. We look forward to that day and are loving our new son.

Paxton, Jaymie, Shaylee, Bryce, Jacob and Avery

PS We aren't allow to post pictures of him yet (foster rules) but if you would like to see a picture email us.

16 comments:

J and Ris said...

I am so excited for your family. I'd love to see a picture since I'll be leaving and won't get to see him. Keep us posted on things. Oh, that is just too exciting!!!!!!!

Tracie White said...

I'm very happy for your family! Congratulations, and I hope you continue to have those sweet moments with your new son!

Joleen said...

Hooray!!! Congratulations! We are excited to get to meet him soon.

Jamie H. said...

Congrats! What an amazing time for your family, especially Jacob! He must have been so excited to meet his new family and see his new home. I love what he said to Jaymie! We are so happy for you! I would love to see a picture!!

Brookie said...

oh i am sooo happy for you. i teared up when i read that he told jaymie he loved her. that is so neat! his little spirit knows that she is his real mommy. congrats to you guys. he couldn't have gone to a better family. I am happy for him and for you:)

Lynnie said...

Jaymie and Paxton -
Congrats, congrats, congrats. How exciting and how awesome that this little guy gets to join you and settle in to a new life that will permanently be his and yours now. You guys are really brave and amazing and I can't wait to hear how he fits in. Wow, wow, wow!

Bunnell's said...

Quigleys Wow what a wonderful event! I am so happy...Congratulations!!!!

(me)linda said...

Freaking RAD!!!

...and I love your writing style, Pax. :)

Contessa Johnson said...

Congrats. That is one blessed little boy to be in your family now.

Carlie said...

I so want to see a picture of him! I am so happy for you!! Please send us pics of him and you all together too! carliemcclellan@msn.com
Hope we get to see you soon!

Marky Mark and the Funky bunch said...

What a happy time for your family! We can't wait to meet him! Cooper is excited to have a new friend!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you and your family! He sounds like a sweet boy! Can't wait to babysit him!
W/Love,
Megan

Kari said...

Congrats! We're so happy for you! It sounds like he fits perfectly in your family!

ShaRene Knox said...

I am so happy and excited for your family! Congratulations!!!

Annie said...

Jaymie, I cry over everything you write. I just love you and am so excited for your new addition. What a lucky, lucky blessed boy. He couldn't have a nicer family than yours. Love you!!

your Dad said...

Hi Jaymie. You asked me to comment from Afghanistan so it will show up on your blog map, so here it is. Give Jacob a BIG hug from Gpa Rhino!