Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sister update

Lindsay started her chemo therapy and radiation treatments last week. I guess a new chemo drug came out recently that is supposed to be easier on the patients but even so, it can't be easy. The first day was pretty much horrible and then her husband threw his back out and can't walk. Luckily my mom (my dad is in Baghdad right now) and my other sister live about an hour away and were able to come get her little boys. She managed to get to her radiation appointment the next day and it wasn't quite so bad. I don't know if I lived a charmed childhood but I have known an unusal number of women who have suffered from cancer in the last two years. It has been a brutal awakening for me, particularly with my sister now. I used to look at women in history and wonder how they could watch those they love suffer and now I realize that we still have similar trials, I just have the maturity to notice them now.

3 comments:

Brookie said...

you are a good sister:)

Bunnell's said...

Jaymie...I am so sorry that your sister has to go through so much. YOu are such a strength to her. You can just feel it. We will keep her and you in our prayers!

your Dad said...

Hey Jaymie--

Thanks for supporting Lindsay the way you do. There's nothing more gratifying to a parent than to see your kids grow up as friends and to continue their friendship even after becoming adults.

Love you kid!

P.S. Not to be picky or anything, but I was in Kabul this time, not Baghdad. I even made a comment so it would show up on your blog map as coming from Afghanistan. :)