Thursday, January 21, 2010

New Equipment

My indoor studio equipment arrived last Saturday. I thought I had my camera somewhat figured out by then. Indoor photography is a whole new ball game though. It kicked my butt. I was only getting one picture out of ten that was infocus and good. Finally after several hundred shots and paying Shaylee 25 cents for each 15 min shooting session, I finally have it figures out. Mostly... I had to get an external flash (that cost more than most cameras, gasp!) and another lense for portrait photography but I LOVE them both. I think something has snapped inside of me. I am thinking photography and cameras 90% of my waking hours. Angles, lighting, backgrounds, cute kids, F-stops, sunshine, colors. It is an exciting new world to me and I can't seem to get enough of it. I keep expecting to burn out a bit and need a break but instead it is getting worse as my pictures get better. Paxton has been amazing about my distracted, happy state as I babble about things that mean very little to him, like apature and depth-of-field. My kids have been amazing, patiently posing/grimacing for the camera while I get my settings figured out and my lighting set. I'm such a happy girl!!!


PS I finally got all the kinks worked out of my studio set up. These are a tiny big fuzzy since I don't have a remote and have to hit the timer and then jump in front of the camera but I am happy with the results. And are the touched up? Ablsolutely!

6 comments:

ShaRene Knox said...

All I can say is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Carlie said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your golden beautiful curls!!! And if I have you take my picutes, can you "touch up" about 50 lbs off me???

Tiffany said...

I know what you mean about the extras costing so much. Maybe I need to learn more about our nice camera equipment... yours are turning out so well!!! You are extremely photogenic, by the way. I bet there wasn't a whole lot of touch-up going on there!

Will and Mary Zilch said...

How much did Shaylee make?

Jaymie said...

I accidentally wrote that Shaylee made $25 for a foto shoot but it was really 25 cents. I think she has made 1.50. But she is getting too good at modeling so I might fire her.

Emily Redd said...

hey Jaymie...it's Emily Redd (kimball's wife) It was so wierd checking your blog. I've really been thinking about you guys a lot. You sound like you are doing pretty good. Wow, your sister is a great writer. I hope she is keeping her thoughts on paper. Her entry made me cry my eyes out...she is very well spoken. I think all of us can relate to her on some level if we have been through those life changing trials. I know I can. She has a lot more faith than I do. I wish I was more like her. Will you email me at my personal email...it's
emilyredd1@mac.com there are some things I'd love to talk to you about more privately. Kimball told me some stuff I didn't know. Also, great that you started a photog business or hobby. I don't go anywhere without my camera. Watch out though...it's sooooo addicting and expensive to add equipment. You're right about the indoor pics. Just make you shoot where there is a lot of natural light; I do better that way but I way prefer to shoot outside. Especially when the lighting is perfect...right @ twilight. I wish you guys could come down for a visit. You are welcome to stay with us anytime. You look happy or happier. For sure email me I have a couple of personal questions for you. xoxo Emily & Kimball.