OK ladies, my friend gave me a buisness idea I would like some HONEST feedback on. She thought it would be fun for me to do themed pictures for kids at a low cost once a month or so. For example, little princess, Halloween pumpkin, Christmas hat/stocking/tree pics, summer beach (ie all meet at Eagle island and get pics in the water and sand) etc. So, is this a good idea? If I charged $5-10 per kid (max $20) would it be worth it? My friend is a scrapbooker and thought that this would be a good way to get good pictures without breaking the bank.
Please also let me know if there is a "theme" that would be fun that I haven't included.

3 comments:
I think that's a great idea. Then you'd have it all set up and ready to go and have fun and make money at the same time. I was just talking with friends today about how expensive kids portraits are, so I'm sure you'd have LOTS of people interested! You could probably even charge more than that if you wanted.
Perfect! Fireman theme!:)
I think it's a great idea- all of the studios (JCP, Kiddie Kandids, etc.) do these, but they are expensive.
Other events to add: 1) newborn (alone or with siblings)- naked baby pix are always cute with a flower or blanket for modesty, 2) blessing/christening/baptism pictures.
In addition to holidays and the 4 seasons, you could also do the cutesy pictures like babies dressed for adult occupations (pilot, businessman, firefighter, cop, etc.) or as flowers (a la Anne Geddes) or in scenes like taking a "bath in a bucket", newborn with angel wings, etc. This might be pricy, because you'd have to collect the stuff, but overtime, you could get a cute collection.
Regardless of whether or not it takes off, as long as you don't spend too much on props, it'll be fun! Good luck!
(PS- for good decorations, try shopping at craft stores like Michaels either the day before or right AFTER the holiday is over- you can get garlands, ribbon, seasonal toys, etc. for huge discounts) It'll be great for next year...
Post a Comment