Friday, July 29, 2011

Heli Flight!

For Fathers Day, my incredible wife got me a half-hour ride in a helicopter. 


Not only did I get to ride in it, but I got to try my hand at flying and hovering.  Man, that's hard!  I can only describe it as this:  take a bowling ball on a hard floor, put a plywood board on top of that and stand on the plywood board and try to balance. Totally LOVED the experience.


We took off from the Caldwell airport and followed the train tracks northwest for a bit.  We then followed a stream for a few miles and that is when I got to fly.  The real pilots hands never left the controls (who'd blame him) but I got to turn it a bit as we followed the canal through to some ponds.


Then we came in for a final approach and landing and taxied down the runway.  Hovering 10 feet off the runway, I got to try to hover.  Yah, not so good at that!  I would have crashed within 5 seconds.  Totally hard to do but very fun. 

To my sweet wife - - thanks for the awesome Fathers Day gift!

1 comment:

Brookie said...

Jaymie is a VERY sweet wife:) I love that girl! It looks like you had lots of fun, paxton:)