Saturday, October 15, 2011

My Sweet Kids,

Dear Shaylee, Bryce, Jacob and Avery,

Even though I have missed you guys a lot, I'm having a lot of fun in Connecticut. Emily, Mathew and Ainsley said to tell you Hi! I wanted to show you guys some pictures of the cool places I got to visit today!
This is a house that is supposed to be haunted by a lady ghost who's husband worked on a whaling ship in the early 1800's. Tab has never seen the ghost but some people say she is there!

This was a cool old farm house that was next to a vineyard. Some buildings here are over 200 years old!

I went on a hike with Emily and Mathew and they found lots of pretty leaves. Make that LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS of leaves!


A cool old gnarly tree

I have decided that Connecticut does strange things to my hair. Check out the pictures and see if you agree!



 Some boy scouts found this cool little newt. Someone said it was endangered, and then the boys took turns dropping it.
This is the tower that we hiked up to see. Some famous people have been there including some old presidents!

Some cool mushrooms




 Connecticut has lots of trees kind of like Virginia did.


 See!! Crazy hair again!



 This house was built in 1820! Connecticut was one of first places pilgrims settles when them came to America. The town the Whethams live is was founded around 1640! Way before we were even a country!
We went to a beautiful cemetery. We had a contest to see who could find the oldest headstone. I know that cemeteries seem creepy but I really love them. I like to imagine what the people in them looked like a long time ago. I wonder what their families were like, what clothes they wore, and what they liked to do. I bet they weren't so different from us.


Some of these were so pretty I just couldn't put my camera down. Even when it started to rain on us really hard!


 Tab and I played in the rain and got really wet! But that is the kind of things friends do.



 I thought this was a wonderful quote to put on a head stone.
 I won the contest for finding the oldest headstone. It is from 1707. Over 300 years ago! I like that her name was Mercy. I thought that was a very pretty name.

 This is partly why we get shots now. So that we don't die of things like small pox any more. So no more complaining!
I took lots of pictures of this girl because she was so pretty. I thought it looked like she was praying and talking to God. It made me think that heaven is real and that we don't need to be sad for the people who die. They are happy. It is OK to still miss them though like how I miss or Colin. I bet he checks on us a lot from heaven.

These beautiful flowers reminded me of my girls. The pink ones of Avery and the purple ones for Shaylee. Boys, I thought especially of you when I was looking at the newt and a little brown salamander I found. It was cute, skinny and slimy just like you guys. Just kidding, about the slimy part :)/  I miss you guys so much and can't wait to see you tomorrow. Sometimes I think it is really healthy for a mom to miss her kids. (You'll understand someday.) Give your dad lots of loves for taking such good care of you while I was gone. He really is an amazing daddy and he love you so much!

See you soon my loves!

~Your Cray Haired Mom

1 comment:

slimeytoeheadtwins said...

awesome jaym!! looks like you had a great time!!