Sunday, October 4, 2009

Bears and Apaches

For scouts, a family friend of ours offered to land his Apache helicopter in the field next to our church. Of course there was a huge turn out (not just of scouts, but of their dads, uncles and distant male relatives). My first thought when watching the kids mob the aircraft was that this machine had been through war but would it survive 300 elementary aged children. Here are a few fun pictures.

Landing:

\
Bryce and his buddy trying to push start the helicopter

Happy boy:

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

What a fun treat! You got some great pictures, too.

(me)linda said...

Boys and machines....


Heck, who am I kidding? Had I known it was going to be there I probably would have packed up my boys to come over. I would have told you that it was for them, but secretly it would have been for me too.

ShaRene Knox said...

What a cute family! I didn't realize we could bring out kids...so sad mine missed it!

Alyssa Quigley said...

Wow! I would be one of those distant relatives, or even one of the un-relatives who would have been there! that looks so awesome. Props to your friend for being willing to do that for the scouts. I bet Paxton was in heaven. :)

-Nate Q