Wednesday, February 24, 2010

noodles and loves

The other day I was in a generally grouchy mood. I seemed a hundred little things were determined not to go how I wanted them to. Then, as I was trying to get dinner ready I pulled to a box of lasagna noodles but someone had opened BOTH ENDS of the box and as I pulled all the noodles fell out and shattered all over the floor. I had had it, so I left the room (so I wouldn't have to look at it) and I sat on the couch trying not to lose it. A few minutes later Bryce came in with the box and said, "Here mom, I saw you were sad so I fixed it for you." He had taped the bottom of the box together (in the sweet, tangled way a six year old can tape) and had put the broken noodles all back in the box. In that moment I could see how much he was like his daddy and I loved him a little bit more than I ever have before. Who would have thought a grown woman would cry over a box of noodles.

4 comments:

Jason and Lorisa Hirschi said...

That is so sweet! I can't get enough of that kid!

Melissa Oman said...

So sweet. Moments like that are awesome and can't help tugging at the heart strings.

Tiffany said...

That is adorable. What a sweetie. So did you make lasagna with broken noodles instead? :)

Kira: said...

He's such a good boy! He melted my mom's heart when we visited you a couple summers ago and gave her big hugs even though she was a total stranger. What a good heart!