We have our court date set for Jacob's adoption!! It is this coming Monday and we are all so excited. Jacob is just beside himself. His teacher told me he talked about it all day at school and then when he got home he had a hard time doing his homework because he would get so distracted counting down the days till Monday. There is no doubt about how very right this is.
I was reminded of that on Easter Day. We were at Paxton's parents house with all the cousins and having that many little kids around get so me sometimes. Especially on Easter it is hard not to think of our little Colin. That he would be two and a half and could be out looking for Easter eggs with the rest of the kids. I was having a sad moment and Paxton was just holding me, as he got used to doing a lot in the last few years when I have been sad. Just then Jacob walked up with a picture of me and Paxton and in his little Kindergarten hand writing he had written, "I love Mom and Dad." In that moment I felt an overwhelming love for him, this little boy with out a family or parents who so openly loved us all. And I felt an overwhelming feeling of love from my Father in Heaven. That he loved our little family and somehow despite all the tragedy that surrounded us and Jacob, we could find happiness together.

2 comments:
oh, this has me tearing up. what a beautiful, beautiful post. your blog posts about jacob will be so special to him someday.
Hooray that the day has finally come! I am so incredibly happy for you all. Can't wait to hear how it all goes!
Post a Comment