Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Skills

The Easter bunny brought us the new Super Mario Bros. game and I have been surprised at the strong emotions it has brought back to me. I think since we got the wii I have played it all of fifteen minutes until we got this game. In the last few days my kids have seen an entirely new side of me. We played the Wii for an hour and a half yesterday and the kids were amazed at my mad skills. When we got our first Nintendo, my whole family of seven was staying in a one bedroom apparment while my dad was in training and we were waiting to move to Cairo. With so little to do and being the oldest I became the Mario master at age 8. By the time I was nine I could beat the whole game three times over and complete the whole first level while playing only with my toes! It is amazing how quickly it all has come back to me!Bryce went to school today bragging that his mom could beat all the other moms at Super Mario Bros. Shaylee would cheer for me and give me a big hi-five when we beat a new level. It was the most fun I have had in a long time. Twenty years later and I still got game (and a bruised thumb)!

3 comments:

Erin Mason said...

You crack me up! The image of you playing with your feet - wow, I must have needed a laugh :)

Unknown said...

Sam's going to want you to come play here now. We have that game and I've played it like once. My sister who is older hogged the game when I was a kid and she is the master (: I try but Sam gets frustrated with me. He is the master in our house! Good job. Doesn't surprise me. you are good at everything Jaymie!

Becky said...

Jaymie, You're so stinkin' funny!! This gave me a good laugh!!