Thursday, January 15, 2009

I am repentant

I will confess that I have misjudged all the girls (I haven't known any personally) collectively that I have ever made fun of for being in beauty pageants. When I told my mom I was going to do this pageant she asked what I had to do now that I was in and I said, "Nothing really." I will officially say that was a stupid answer. I guess it usually takes a full year to properly prepare for a big pageant. Also, the current Miss America was in the pageant FIVE times before she won. Talk about determined. So, I have spent the last month finding sponsors, critiquing my platform, speaking in classrooms, learning the "pageant stand" which is back foot at 10 o'clock and front foot at 12 o'clock with your front knee bent. (This really is a good way to stand for a picture by the way!), and learning to walk in four inch heels with out falling on my face (at least I am practicing on carpet). I did my catwalk strut for one of my tutoring girls and she busted up laughing. I guess I should practice some more.

3 comments:

Brookie said...

i am happy to hear it is coming along well:) you are going to be great!

Annie said...

I've been thinking of you! I admire your courage and determination...and your ability to even STAND in 4-inch heels!

Nonni said...

It has been fun catching up on your blog! A pageant....I guess I have to repent too:). I have no doubt that you will rock it! Can I come? Call me when you have a chance. I'd love to chat with you!