This is a fun little camping spot. We have figured out how to make camping simplified. We pick up a pizza and eat it in the car on the way down. Then we play at the dunes and wear the kids out. Set up our stuff, roast marshmallows, tell stories put the kids down. Then get up, pack up and stop by the local Wal-Mart for milk and doughnuts for breakfast and head home. It simplifies packing but I still managed to forget my own sleeping bag and ended up sleeping in the car (and fighting with our four pound dog that kept trying to steal my blanket!)
Great idea Jaymie! I really need to be a better visiting teacher and come see you sometime soon. We haven't ever camped at the dunes. Justin took the scouts there once but never took us. We'll have to go sometime and use your great ideas for camping!
We love the dunes. In the spring there's a pair of owls that always nest around the campground. It was so fun for my kids to see the little owl babies last time we went, but we just about got blown out of our tent during the night. That was not so fun. Was it windy for you guys?
Jaymie, We really need to go camping with you guys, that sounds really fun! How far are you from Salt Lake and I'm really serious--maybe next summer?? I have been camping-averse for a long time just because it's too darn complicated with kids (and the dutch oven food always turns out gross).
I so wish we would do this as a family! We never do anything with just us. I'm jealous! Glad you had fun, and I love the blue hair story! I also posted a comment about your Colin story too. Take care and hopefully we can hook up soon!
5 comments:
Great idea Jaymie! I really need to be a better visiting teacher and come see you sometime soon. We haven't ever camped at the dunes. Justin took the scouts there once but never took us. We'll have to go sometime and use your great ideas for camping!
We love the dunes. In the spring there's a pair of owls that always nest around the campground. It was so fun for my kids to see the little owl babies last time we went, but we just about got blown out of our tent during the night. That was not so fun. Was it windy for you guys?
Jaymie,
We really need to go camping with you guys, that sounds really fun!
How far are you from Salt Lake and I'm really serious--maybe next summer??
I have been camping-averse for a long time just because it's too darn complicated with kids (and the dutch oven food always turns out gross).
I so wish we would do this as a family! We never do anything with just us. I'm jealous! Glad you had fun, and I love the blue hair story! I also posted a comment about your Colin story too. Take care and hopefully we can hook up soon!
We used to camp at the Dunes when I was younger. We haven't been there in quite a while! Fun idea, and great place to camp!
Post a Comment