Monday, September 14, 2009

True Love and Bad Luck

A phone call this evening:

Paxton: Hello?
Me: Hi
Paxton (wondering why I am calling): How are you?
Me: Not so good. My hair is blue.
Paxton: Your hair is blue...
Me: Yeah, you know how I wanted to do something different. And you said that was fine as long as it was long and blond?
Paxton: Yes
Me:Well, I tried to dye it blonder and it turned a funny color orange. So, then I tried to dye it darker and the parts that were too blond turned blue.
Paxton: How blue?
Me: Kind of a greyish, purpleish, blue.
Shaylee: Mom, it is a little bit like old lady hair that is kind of blue. But it looks nice on you.
Me: Thank you Shaylee, I think...
Paxton: Can you fix it?
Me: that is what I tried to do before it turned blue.
Paxton: Ok, don't to anything drastic before I come home.
Me: Like what? Shave my head? I think that is the only way to fix it. You will still love me right?
Paxton: I would always love you. Hair is just a bonus.
Me: Good. Tell me that when you get home.


Hopefully I will have a good post to follow this one.
Here is proof that the tips of my hair is now blue.
The pictures are for you Brook! I promise to never try to dye my own hair again.

8 comments:

Will said...

I agree with Shaylee, it's definitely old lady hair

(me)linda said...

Really funny. Still hot.

Joleen said...

It doesn't look to bad! Can we start calling you Grandma Ethel?!?!?

JoJo said...

Maybe it's just the shirt?

Brookie said...

hahaha! that is really funny but it isn't as bad as you made it sound on the phone. you still are beautiful!!

Tiffany said...

Oh no! This happened to me 3 days before I got married- and it was botched by a "professional". And so I had very dark brown hair for my wedding (the only way to hide the sad, sad color). Good luck! And I agree with the others- even with blue hair you still look beautiful.

Erin Mason said...

I thought you promised never to dye your own hair after our freshman year five-times-in-two-days dye horror story!!! Well, I'm sure it's fixable - and it will be even more beautiful! :)

Kira: said...

Hmm. Blond then orange then something else. This seems earily familiar. Didn't something happen like this with Erin a number of years ago and I had to drive you guys to Food 4 Less in the middle of the night for brown dye?

So funny. Good luck fixing it. Frankly, you'd be beautiful even with electric blue hair.